Grounds Person / Gardener
Salary circa £22,500 dependent on experience
A qualified and experienced Grounds Person/Gardener is required to assist in the maintenance and upkeep of landscaped areas as well as the school’s sports facilities. Working alongside the Head Gardener, the varied duties are linked to the constantly changing activities throughout the school year. They include:
- maintenance of the sports grounds/courts and setting up equipment
- looking after planted areas and green roofs
- site clearing and cleaning
- helping with swimming pool checks
- assisting with sports events and other school functions
- participating as a fire officer.
You will have an NVQ or City and Guilds qualification in Horticulture, Grounds Maintenance or Gardening, with experience of using a range of horticultural machinery. Sound knowledge of health and safety, COSHH and risk assessment is essential. Willingness to attend training, the ability to work successfully with other teams and a flexible approach to work are also required.
Our staff benefits include:
- Excellent free lunches
- Computer, bicycle and season ticket loans
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers
- Access to our gym and swimming pool
- Contributory pension scheme
Full details of this post are contained in the accompanying job description. To apply, please complete and submit the on-line job application, also attaching a full CV.
If you have any questions about the application process contact Tobi Ojuri on 020 7605 1117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Tuesday 1 August 2017, noon
Interviews: Monday 7 August 2017
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced disclosure through the Disclosure and Barring Service.
St Paul’s Girls’ School, Brook Green, London W6 7BS