The Governors, as the directors of the company and trustees of the Charity, are responsible for the overall management of the school. Committees, which meet at least three times a year, have been established to make recommendations to the Board of Governors as follows:
- Education Committee which considers matters relating to the education and welfare of pupils
- Finance & Estates Committee which monitors and reviews all aspects of financial performance and management, advises on the development, use and maintenance of the whole school estate, assesses the scope and effectiveness of the systems established to identify, manage and monitor financial and non-financial risks
- Nominations and Governance Committee which reviews the structure, size and composition of the Board, identifies and nominates candidates for appointment to the Board, oversees a regular performance evaluation of the Board and all its members conducted by the Chairman, initiates the process of recruiting the High Mistress and Bursar and considers all aspects of governance of the school
- Investment Sub-Committee which advises and makes recommendations to the Finance & Estates Committee in respect of all investment asset classes, other than the school’s property, and reviews the assets within the Non-Teaching Staff Pension Fund
- Client Management Group (Building Project) which monitors and oversees the redevelopment of the school’s buildings in accordance with the outline Building Plan and budget previously approved by the Governors, and reports and makes recommendations to the Governors in relation to the project.
The day to day management is delegated to the High Mistress supported by the Senior Management Team and together this group are the key management personnel. The High Mistress reports once each school term, and on other occasions as required, to the Governors on the activities she has undertaken in managing the school.
The school is regulated by DfE and inspected by ISI.
Governors can be contacted through the Clerk to the Governors by letter to St Paul’s Girls’ School, Brook Green, London W6 0PE or by emailing email@example.com.